Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year's Day in Chicago

"When we become aware that we do not have to escape our pains ... those very pains are transformed from expressions of despair to signs of hope."

by Henri Nouwen

I'm not there yet. Want to run. Having a hard time thinking about the decisions I will have to make tomorrow as they suggest my options. Am sore from testing yesterday. This is all getting a little too real for me. Discouraged.

"Oh Lord, You have searched me and You know me. You know when I sit and
when I rise. You perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern between
my going out and my lying down. You are familiar with all my ways. And before a word is on my tongue (blog), You know it completely, o Lord." Psalm 139

God isn't the least bit afraid of my honesty. Hope you're not either. With much appreciation to you for taking the time to read this blog :)

3 comments:

  1. Thought I'd take your mind off your current worries and give you new ones! Ha! The boys are playing video all day..first probably Halo 3 and then RockBand2 (Dustin got it for Christmas). Andrew was enthralled holding the guitar above his head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diane...since the moment I read your first email the Lord has placed you on my heart. He brings you to mind all throughout the day and night. I want you to know that you are covered in prayer! Not just by me but by others who He is calling to intercede on your behalf. When you feel you cannot pray, know others are intereceeding for you!

    I feel that the Lord wants me to remind you about Sarayu in "The Shack". In the beginning of the book it said, "She was busy with a fragile crystal bottle and a small brush...gently removing something from (Mack's) face." She said, "We all have things we value enough to collect...I collect tears."

    At the books end Papa speaks tenderly, "Don't ever discount the wonder of your tears. They can be healing waters and a stream of joy. Sometimes they are the best words the heart can speak."

    I'd also like to pass along a song to you, knowing it can often "speak your language" - maybe you can google and get the words to "Praise you In This Storm". It has often spoken to me in trying times.

    Love in Christ, Eileen

    ReplyDelete