Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Chemo #2 on Friday

Hi Dear Friends: I've been feeling well. :) Not much hair, but I feel good ... decent energy ... lighthearted at times. We're flying to Chicago on Thursday (Jan 29) morning and returning Saturday. Chemo at 10:30 (cleveland time) on Friday, Jan 30. I had a downright traumatizing experience last time. No more ER's!!!!! (even if the nurses/doctors were phenomenal ).
I'm hoping for a much better experience. I think it's prayer. People praying. Scripture. Faith.
I don't know. I just have hope. And that's a good thing. He is near.
I've gotten some tips from my Naturopath on things I can do to help things along. It makes me feels empowered somehow ... to be able to DO something for myself .. not just sit and take it.
A few of my symptoms have never quite disappeared (the rash is one) ... so I would covet your prayers. I'm educated about alot of things healthwise ... but this is too big and foreign for me ...
so I'm trusting that God would speak thru the doctors. If He wants me to change anything (delete the steroid or change meds or change doses) ... I guess I need Him to speak thru the doctors. And I'll need to accept what they say (a big deal for me). Please join me in praying for that. I need protection, that's for sure!!!! I will write and let you know, how He guided and answered your prayers. A friend said that if God could speak thru Balaam's donkey (old testament) ... that He could speak thru the doctors, too. All I know is that I cracked up hysterically when she said that!!! And it still makes me laugh! Speak Lord!
Oh ... if I've never asked for prayer for those airplane rides ... well ... you know ... it would be great if you did. Our last flight, we actually had to walk out to the plane in a blizzard! They had to de-ice the plane, and we took off in a huge snowstorm. Hmmmm. Another chance to trust Him.
My step-son, Billy, is getting married a week after chemo. I would really like to be able to be there ... untraumatized, energetic, well. Feb. 6 is the rehearsal and the 7th is the wedding. How could I possibly let my handsome husband go in his dashing tuxedo all by himself? Besides ... we have been taking ballroom dance lessons!!!!
Here's a verse that I love this week: Psalm 34 .... He is close to the brokenhearted, He rescues those whose spirits are crushed. I'm especially fond of the word 'rescue'.
I so appreciate you and I've never said this so much in life before .... I'm not an "I love you" kind of a person ... but I really love each one of you!
Diane
P.S. A special thanks to Bill and Andrew for letting me hang out at home without a hat or scarf or anything. I know it's weird and a little too 'real' ... but you have made me feel comfortable. You have handled it well. I'm praying for you.
P.P.S I have no idea why there are no spaces between paragraphs or why it doesn't look right!!! Silly blog!

15 comments:

  1. I love you too, diane! I am so glad that you are actually feeling lighthearted at times. Praise God!! I will be praying for wisdom of the doctors to give you just what you need and what the Lord wants you to have... Give the doctors wisdom and direction Lord. We trust you, Father. You will NEVER leave us nor forsake us. Praise you Father! I will also pray for good weather while you are flying on Thursday. We will take good care of Andrew at Hearts on Friday. Oh, by the way, I will not be at Hearts the first 2 weeks in Feb.
    Love you friend,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay Strong Diane God is with you!

    Proverbs 18:10
    The name of the LORD is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe.

    Psalm 31:2
    Turn your ear to me, come quickly to my rescue; be my rock of refuge, a strong fortress to save me.

    Psalm 6:2
    Be merciful to me, LORD, for I am faint; O LORD, heal me, for my bones are in agony.

    Psalm 30:2
    O LORD my God, I called to you for help and you healed me.

    Proverbs 16:24
    Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones.

    James 5:14
    Is any one of you sick? He should call the elders of the church to pray over him and anoint him with oil in the name of the Lord.

    James 5:15
    And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well;

    Psalm 18:2
    The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diane I'm so glad to know you have had 'good days', and not all scary-bad ones. Yes the wedding is ever nearer. I'm hoping you'll be able to enjoy a dance or two with my darlin' brother ....
    Love from od2

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for you :)
    Sherri S.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Diane, I am sad to learn just today about your cancer and all of the issues that have gone along with it. You have always been an amazing person to me (you too Bill). I know the Lord is with you. HE is so good! I will continue to pray for you and your family.
    Your Sister in Christ
    Janet Coleman

    ReplyDelete
  6. me thinks, YOU'RE the amazing one, janet :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Diane,
    Here is the Lord speaking just to you! After our conversation, I read this in one of my devotionals..

    Throughout our lives circumstances and situations occur that we just do not understand. For example, I have been praying this week for two dear saints of the Lord who have been stricken with cancer. They both love the Lord with all of their hearts, and yet they are facing a severe test of faith. Why would God allow such a thing to occur? I often see how we blame God for our troubles, but we have to remember the "troublemaker" is not God. The "trouble maker" is Satan, and his plan is to destroy us. God's plan is to give us life and give it to us more abundantly. My husband had two heart attacks, and during that time, he held on to the scripture in Jeremiah 29:11: "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end" (KJV).

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Diane,
    Just heard and wanted to let you know I'll be praying for you. Praying for a good day today.
    Love,
    Sharon Weinschreider

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kudos to Andrew and Bill for making you feel comfortable at home without a covering on your head. I thought I might share a story with you regarding my hair loss. 22 years ago when I was having chemo... I was coming home from work with a wig on my head. I would walk in the door, close it behind me and take my wig off. I would hang it on the railing of the steps and there it would stay for the evening. My husband, Mark, always welcomed seeing my bald head. He use to rub it and tell me that I had the perfect head. It was so comforting that he was okay with this new look. Now, you might laugh at the second chapter of this story... or you might just think we are whackos... but one time when we were in bed... I had this crazy idea. I ran and got a light bulb... stuck it in my mouth, puffed my cheeks and buldged my eyes. I flicked on the light and Mark could see my imitation of Uncle Fester! .... you know... from the Adam's family. We laughed and laughed. And we still do when we think of that night. Diane, can you picture me looking like Unlce Fester. Several years later, couldn't believe it but, I happened to find an Uncle Fester action figure and I put it in Mark's stocking. We still have it! I think laughter can be healing.
    Love Patti

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Diane,
    Melissa has just sent me the link to your blog, and I am so glad. I began reading and I just started thinking, I cannot even begin to imagine what this may be like for you. I pray that God will remain close tro you and help you through it. Remember on December 21st when I came to your church for the Christmas Program, until that day I never knew how much you loved to sing, and it was so beautiful. God gives us gifts, but he also gives us obstacles in which we must overcome (of course he must be on the sidelines, ready to jump in and help at any time) and don't worry, I know it may seem like he is taking his time, but he will be with you, to lift you when you fall, comfort you when you cry, and most of all, rejoice with you when you are finally well again. All the love in the world DIane, love Dominick Spera!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dominick Spera ... i just love you. What a great kid you are. But you're not a kid anymore. What a great young man you are. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Diane,

    I have not been on facebook, because i cannot get on at the moment, but in my email i was able to read what you posted. Thank you, and you are loved as well, no doubt about that. Stay strong, and do not worry, God is with you, he is with us, and God will make you healthy again. Somedays will be worse than others, but just remember, as long as the sun rises and sets, and you see your family and friends each day, that will be all it takes to feel better. Just think, with Gods help, one day you will wake up, and this will be forever gone out of your life. Hope to hear from you soon Diane, love always, Dominick!

    ReplyDelete
  13. P.S. I just noticed the comment you left me. You are welcome, so very very welcome, and I am so glad that I am able to touch you in a way that is important for everyone. Yes I am young, but I feel things ever so deeply, I've been told more deeply than I should feel, but that is okay, God has sent me to help, to do things, and one of those things, is to be able to make you smile. I'm not sure if that makes sense, but I have always felt the need to comfort anyone who needs it, or at least try.

    love to you Diane, Dominick.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Diane,
    Just read your post on FB. I did not know... You are in our prayers. It's crazy but when I read your blog, somehow I hear that joy that I've always equated with you. I know you may not be feeling that way most of the time, but I will pray that your spirit is not crushed as you noted (psalm 34)and for healing.

    Mike Matejka

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Dear, Sweet, Diane,
    I miss seeing you on Fridays. Our class prayed for you today and I have been praying for you regularly. I did not realize how ill you were until I asked Andrew today. I am so sorry. What can I do for you? Are you able to talk on the phone?
    Our family's prayers are surrounding your family.
    Love,
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete