Wednesday, January 7, 2009

First Chemotherapy

bill and i fly to chicago on thursday morning jan. 8 and return to cleveland on saturday, late afternoon.

THURSDAY: 1:00 get my hair cut at CTCA real, real short to prepare for hair loss. i'm betting I'll look fairly roumanian :) Probably a whole lot once the hair is gone in 2 weeks.

FRIDAY:
5:30am Arrive at CTCA

7:30am Port put in surgically on upper left chest (we think that while I'm in a 'twilight' that they will also place a 'clip' in the tumor itself ... as a 'marker')

9:30am They will administer chemotherapy thru the port.

10:00am Naturopath will visit with me to discuss helpful supplements, etc.

3:15pm A foot massage was scheduled last week.

i will spend the night in the hospital for observation. (hopefully bill will stay with me)

SATURDAY: flight to Cleveland leaves 1:30


Ladies and gentleman, boys and girls ... i've had a few good days where my head stopped pounding and I my stomach unknotted. but today is not one of them. do you know this about me? do you know that I've barely taken any drugs for over 10 years? i have had some bad reactions to drugs and have learned to treat my illnesses naturally. successfully, too. what is going to happen to my organs and immune system is unthinkable to me. can you get inside my skin on this? i am beside myself and am asking that if you are a person who prays to Jesus Christ, that you could life me up in the following ways:

1. no panic ... emotions 'at bay' ... God's peace
2. no trauma ... all procedures would go well
3. no unusual or allergic reactions to the chemo or 'port' or 'clip' ... (i mean 'ever'!). the regular side effects are bad enough ... let alone some strange reaction ... upsetting.

many people go thru this all over the world, every day, every hour! many are stoic. brave. just 'rising to the occassion'. facing it with maturity. i wish that was me. i am actually not afraid to die. but, i don't like people messing with me and hurting me, and putting poisons in me, though!!!! and acting like i shouldn't be disturbed!!!!

so there you have it. you can either write on this blog or use my email. either way is okay. some don't want to be so public with their responses. yep ... that's okay. i can retrieve the emails when i'm at home, and that's good too. well, i love you all and will write when i can. your prayers are a great comfort. i know you're not praying to the ceiling! i've lived too long to deny His power in my life.

diane

9 comments:

  1. Awwww Di, we humans are just that ... HUMAN. I don't think less of you for saying you are afraid and not at all pleased about this whole ordeal. The stoic people are just as scared inwardly. It takes courage to go through the chemo and radiation. Hang in there.
    Hugs and my love ... od2
    (Hugs to you too Bill)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diane (& little bro)
    First, thank you for your candor when you first told us and thank you for letting us pray with you in much the same way. I sooo wish you guys did not have to walk through this but I know my brother is always by your side and if the tables were turned, you'd be at his!

    I must say, I look for words that might encourage but as the thoughts come to me they feel strangely inadequate somehow. So I will ask the Lord to speak to your heart as He alone can do. And Dan and I will continue to pray for your specific requests as well as to give you & Bill those special "grace moments", to face whatever comes...one moment at a time.

    And Diane, please don't worry about Christ being seen in you as you "go through". With or without a blog...Christ will continue to be seen in you. Even in the days ahead you "grow weary" remember, the Lord knows your heart...never forget that.
    God speed.
    Love,
    Darlene

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diane, I'm glad you had some time of calm. I'm praying for more. And prayers don't even have to make it to the ceiling--HE is IN US. As your heart cries out, He is there. I'll be praying. . . specifically
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diane and Bill,
    My prayers and my thoughts are with you. God will be there to carry you through this. I pray that you find comfort and peace during this trying time. This terrible disease should not happen to anyone, especially to great people like you! Embrace His love Diane when you are most frightened and feel alone, his arms will be around you and holding you very tightly.

    May God's love be a constant support to you and your family during this time. this I pray!
    Jackie C.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Diane and Bill,
    we are praying for you. I know you are not thrilled, but bless you, Diane for your vigorous sense of humor and your vicious snarling at the establishment. Never behave, I always say! (you know you are my role model, when it comes to sardonic wit) Courage, little one, and try not to take up cigars and bourbon along with all your other new toxic habits.
    irreverently, but sincerely, Fidelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'd like to introduce you all to fidelle! isn't she the greatest?!!!!! hahahaha cigars and bourbon it is!!! i don't know what sardonic wit is ... but it doesn't sound good. you're ruining my reputation, fidelle! and plus ... you're only like 32 or something ... why are you addressing me as 'little one' ??? does this have something to do with my height?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like you Fidelle, and I don't even know you! I'm praying for you right now, Diane. (even tho I know you won't see this till later).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Diane,
    I have been thinking and praying for you today. I know this is not the easiest time in the world for you and the challenges you face would test the strongest faith and yet I know that his Love for you is constant. If you are feeling powerless let him carry you in His arms. Let his strength be your strength. For just as the sufferings of Christ flow over into our lives so also through Christ our comfort overflows. With the Lord you can face what you could never face alone. So lean on Him and together you will walk in his perfect love. Lord I pray that your perfect and constant love cast away every fear from Diane and that she feels you walking close beside her.

    I am here for you, praying, and interceding on your behalf.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank all of you for your prayers... we felt them and God answered them. Thank you also for your freindship, encouragement, and light-heartedness. We appreciate it all, and all of you. To God be the glory - BILL

    ReplyDelete