Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Do You Want The GOOD NEWS First?

Yes, it’s true! I was free to smile, laugh and dance at Billy’s wedding! Stayed until it was over! Simply amazing. My mom said “If you keep this up, no one will believe that you’re sick” …. Hahahahahahahahaha! You’ve gotta know my mom.

Thank you for praying for and encouraging me. It’s no little thing.


*****************************************

John 10:10 “The thief comes to kill, steal and destroy … but I have come that you might have life … and life more abundantly” …. Jesus Christ

My 2nd chemo treatment was harder than I thought it would be. In some ways it was way better than the first one. I didn’t get the rash. I didn’t have a load of bricks on my chest. I didn’t land in the ER. I didn’t get a few other things I never told you about (because you just wouldn’t want to know that stuff). But I was still laid up for nearly 9 days again. Very nauseous this time. Heart beating over 120 for a few days. Head pounding. Unable to eat (couldn't take my pills that would help). Constant headache. Very scary constant heartburn for many days. Feeling like someone poured cement in my gut. Extreme exhaustion. Some of the things I did to alleviate side effects, actually made them worse. Very upset. Okay, ticked off. Defeated. And now I am experiencing neuropathy in my feet. I guess the chemo attacks the nervous system and muscles. My heels feel like I’m walking on needles. I’m so sad for my body.

Truth: “I am fearfully and wonderfully made” … Psalm 139

I am grateful: The appointment with the oncologist before the 2nd chemo went very well. She came in with my letter in hand. And she listened. And she adjusted some of my meds. We deleted the ‘take at home’ steroids. We deleted the ‘shot’ in my belly which caused me bone pain and other unlovely side affects. We laughed and hugged. She’s likeable. I am comfortable with her.

What’s the good news?: When the doctor felt the lump she was floored that it had decreased in size by 20% … it went from 5.5 cm to 4.3 after the 1st treatment. She kept saying “I’m impressed!”. Thank you for praying!

No belly shot and no steroid equals: Nausea, chance for allergic response, and low white blood cell counts (needed to fight infection).

The doctor labeled me as an: ENIGMA (the homeschool mom says “look it up in the dictionary”)

What would I say to someone who has cancer?: I have no clue. No one ever knows what to say. Every person needs something different. You never know if YOU have the golden key (golden words, golden prayers, golden demeanor). You never know.

What can you DO for someone who’s ill?: I don’t know … everyone’s different. Think ‘out of the box’. You don’t have to be traditional.

If you pray to Jesus … you can pray for: The neuropathy in my feet!!! That it wouldn’t be permanent. For my white blood cell count! No infection. And … I’m just plain scared and want to get off this chemo ‘boat’. I don’t want to lose hope, but I am discouraged because others only have a few days of feeling really bad … while my symptoms are overwhelming for quite a while. I want to have hope and a good attitude. Somehow it’s not what it was. The thought of another treatment …. what’s gonna happen next!!!!!??? I don't want to be an enigma!!!!

Another scripture: “When I am weak, He is strong” …

Don’t forget: the ER doctor’s words (you can go back to the previous blog titled “God in the ER)

Want to pray ridiculously? (Don't even read this unless you're brave): Pray that I wouldn’t need all the treatments (you know that I really mean ... no more treatments). That the tumor would be gone in 2 weeks when we go back … Feb 20. I also know that God isn’t disappointed that I ask. He isn’t saying What a goofus!” . He wants us to ask. Doesn’t it take a ‘mustard seed’ of faith to even ask? It’s all up to Him anyhow. I really don’t deserve a thing. But I am His. And He is mine. I will never boast in my strength anymore. I will boast about my weakness ... because He is strong.

Very Weakly Yours, Diane

P.S. I'm addicted to you and your prayers. :) I hope you don't mind!

13 comments:

  1. Hi Diane,
    I'm praying for you often. I'm also praying for your family. Glad you were up to the wedding fun! Praising God for that. Oh and BTW I'm too lazy to look up enigma :) Maybe later.

    Sherri

    ReplyDelete
  2. As you know, I'm praying. If that's your addiction, then you are in good shape. He delights to be asked. He is your Abba, daddy. Run to him with every small thing on your heart (and the big ones, too!)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh Diane i am so happy to hear that the tumor shrunk. I will continue to pray for you, soon, i hope it will be gone!
    love, Dominick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diane you DID look terrific at the wedding, and I'm glad you were able to enjoy that event ... yet another chemo round is coming up. I don't know how one psyches oneself up for that. I know you will though. Am hoping it's less painful and scary than the previous 2. You're in our thoughts... ((((Hugs))))
    Love, od2 (and Chuck)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, "you might as well face it, your addicted to LOVE" (a song by Robert Palmer, you might not know it)...Anyway,I will continue to pray ridiculously, but sincerly. And Yes, You are HIS, and HE is YOURS... Take Care- LOve- Doolores

    ReplyDelete
  6. Diane,
    Wonderful to see you dancing (I have pictures)and actually enjoying it; more wonderful to know how much the tumor has shrunk in a relatively short amount of time. Thank You Lord! As Dolores said...we will pray ridiculously but sincerely. Oh...by the way I know what ENIGMA means as of a week or more ago. The word was in something I was reading and Matt was standing there so I asked him. So, I know what the doc was saying:>)
    Love,
    Darlene

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enigma... puzzle. God will puzzle anyone who doesn't have a close, personal relationship with him. May you prove to be an even bigger "enigma" next time you go, my lovely friend! Your prayers are bold and beautiful. I love to lift you up. I am sad for you that you suffer. Much Love, Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  8. oooooooo ... a wordsmith! kelly. i never thought of that! being an enigma has scared me. but NOW i will pray that i'll be an enigma because of 'unexplained progress'. oooo i like it alot. it helps my attitude. golden key alert!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, sweetie. I'll be following your blog and your journey. My sister beat this beast of breast cancer. I'll be praying you do likewise. Check out my blog if you get bored sometime and feel too weak for much else. Maybe it will encourage you. God is able!

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  10. In God's eyes, we are well and whole...that
    is how I see you as being Diane. You are
    well. hugs and love, Diane (Virginia, Maryland,
    Hawaii, Washington)
    keep dancing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Diane...sunny Florida here...
    God is hearing our extreme prayers on your behalf. I have claimed total healing for you...and God will answer...I know it in my soul! I knew what enigna meant...something that baffles understanding and cannot be explained; like GODincidences. You are a witness to everyone you meet...I expect that when we visit in July you will be completely healed...NO Cancer...No side-effects...Nothing...I believe it for you. We are praying for you and your family! Love and Sonshine to you and your family...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Diane,
    Remember the tiny mustard seed...and think BIG HEALING of bad tumor! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete