Monday, March 30, 2009

I'll Meet You in the MRI .....

All I know is that ... I'm not getting any chemotherapy this week! I am rejoicing! Today is the first day that I've been able to really comprehend this good news. I've been so sick for 18 days from the last chemo. But today .... I've just been walking around the house all day saying "Andrew. I need to tell you something." Yes Mom? "I'm not getting chemo this week!!!!" .... and we both smile a real relaxed smile. Ahhhhhhhh.

Oh ... I did get Andrew's virus, but I didn't get a fever. No ER visits for me!!!!! Sweet people covering me in sweet prayer. I am blest.

Bill and I fly to Chicago (Cancer Treatment Ctrs of America) for a Wed 2:00pm MRI (otherwise known as the Vietnamese Flashback Chamber). Then we meet with the surgeon Thursday @9:00am.

Depending on what 'they' say ... I may stay for surgery on Monday and that means I'd be gone a whole week or more. I would like to be able to let you know if we stay. I'll see if I can have Andrew send out an email from home.

"Lord, You spoke thru Balaam's donkey in the old testament. I'm trusting you to speak Your words of hope and life thru these tests and doctors. You go ahead of me, Lord ... I'll meet You in the MRI machine"


Riddle of the day: What's the difference between major surgery and minor surgery?
Answer: (say this outloud) "Mine" is major, and "Yours' is minor.

5 comments:

  1. Wed. 2 pm I'm praying for Diane resting in the arms of Jesus! Calmly, prayerfully, peacefully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck Di with the MRI. (A little luck can't hurt, eh?) We'll be holding you and Bill in our thoughts. (((((((Hugs))))))) from od2

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love to see your humor. (ex... Lord, I'll meet you in the MRI machine... etc..) Mark and I held tight to that during my chemo years. I will be thinking of you and your family. Much love....from Patti

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like you said Diane, God will be waiting for you with open arms. Our prayers are with you and Bill.

    Love & Sunshine, Bob & Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad you did not have to have chemo again. Good luck when you return to Chicago. All my love, Dominick!

    ReplyDelete