Wednesday, April 22, 2009

SURGERY

Bill and I leave for Chicago on Sunday April 26 and I will have surgery (lumpectomy) on TUESDAY APRIL 28 @ 1:30PM (Cleveland time EST). Very Nasty procedures @ 10am and 11am that same day. We'll be gone for a week.

I am neither brave nor courageous, and my heart is pounding as I write this. Fear is a true enemy of mine. A formidable foe.

I'm hoping that some of you may be willing to pray for DR. RAY, my surgeon. I'm looking for anyone who might be willing to pray (to Jesus) for Dr. Ray every day starting today. Pray as God leads you to pray. I don't want to wait till the last minute. While I'm lying on the table, it will help me greatly knowing that he is 'covered in prayer' by you, and that I don't have to get all worked up. Do you know what I mean?

I've had a great 2 weeks of feeling very good. This has caused a huge dilemma, in that now no one believes I'm sick or need prayer!!! I need to start acting sickly. Maybe I won't wear make-up in public! Maybe I should only wear my black scarves. No more bright pinks and purples! Perhaps I shouldn't burst out laughing. Well ... all I know is that laughter is good medicine. And this has been my motto from the beginning "When I can smile ... I will smile big. When I can laugh ... I will laugh ... loud and hard! ... because there's been many times when I can do neither.

For today I will smile and laugh. And today I know this, and will fight to hold onto it: Jesus has promised "I will never leave you nor forsake you". Believe it, Diane. You believe it, too. Okay?

Want to see Dr. Ray talking? http://www.cancercenter.com/midwestern-hospital/physicians/stephen-ray.cfm

8 comments:

  1. You can count on me. As always, your Romanian Singing Angel is thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diane, I will pray for Dr. Ray every day. With a rhyme like that, how could I forget! :) Well, considering all the stuff I've been forgetting, I suppose it is possible, but I will covenant to pray every day and perhaps God will not let me forget this! I am stillpraying radical prayers as well. :)
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Father God,
    Guide Dr. Ray's hands and mind in surgery while operating on Diane this coming Tuesday.

    Keep his mind sharp, control his hands in his EVERY move in surgery.

    Give Diane your precious daughter peace now and before she enters surgery.

    Thank you Father for Diane's honesty, we know we have what we ask when we ask in your Son's name...so it is in Jesus name I pray.
    Amen

    Love,
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  4. you all are blessing me 'big time'. thank you for carrying me thru this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hugs from Florida! MaryJoApril 22, 2009 at 8:08 PM

    Diane you are written in my personal prayer book (cuz with 'mentalpause' I could very well forget--lately I walk into the grocery store and stand there in the middle of the aisle looking like Mary Tyler Moore did after she tossed her cap up in the air...it just isn't pretty but funny most of the time!)...I will add Dr. Ray to the mix too...The recent photo's of you that I have seen...you look radiant...forget the black scarves...bright is God's Love for you...He will heal you fully from this...I just know it...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I went to bed praying for you, woke thinking of you... trusting you feel His presence there with you friend. Love, Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  7. She (we) are feeling your prayers. Diane had such peace today, and no pain with the pre-surgery procedures. Even though we do not deserve God's intervention, He is faithful. She called me an hour into surgery (at least that is what I thought), and scared me half to death. I thought she jumped up from the table and grabbed a phone. She was peaceful and told me that she was just getting ready to go in. Thank you Jesus, that you are Faithful! THANK YOU for your prayers. (Diane's husband)

    ReplyDelete
  8. that sounded soooo weird, bill. see ... surgery was supposed to start at 1:30, but was delayed until 2:30. i have ABSOLUTELY NO recollection of calling you! what did i say?

    ReplyDelete