Wednesday, June 24, 2009

FORGING AHEAD

I spent the last 2 weeks communicating with my oncologist. Unless God moves his jaw ... I'm forging ahead toward THE LAST .... THE FINAL CHEMO!!!!!!!!! Don't congratulate me yet!!!! I have a big mountain to climb to get over the effects of this LAST CHEMO!!!!!! Did I tell you this was my LAST CHEMO????!!!!!

Fly to Chicago Thursday night (June 25)
Appointments all Day Friday (June 26) ... Chemo 1:00 - 5:00
Fly Home Friday night (I'm outta there!!!!)

I usually feel absolutely fine the day of chemo and the day after. So if I'm gonna feel good ... I want to be home!!!!!!! So I'll get out of that chair and head to the airport!

I'm signed up for acupuncture before chemo this time. Hmmmmm .... anything to try to make it better! Interesting huh? This is a very cool hospital.

Anyhow ... remember how I prayed at the beginning of this that God would not let my insides be singed (isn't it spelled cinged?) by the fire of the chemo? That my organs would be protected? You remember ... like Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego in the Old Testament ... they did not get burned by the firey furnace. Well, I'm praying that again. "Lord, protect my body in an uncanny way"

I'm actually not yet recuperated from the last chemo (3 weeks ago). The stupid candida is a huge problem. So ..... if you pray, I'm asking for prayer for physical protection (Shadrach :) ... and as we all know ... my companion, fear. I'd like to lose that guy forever! What I'm looking for is spiritual victory. To me that means ... being able to keep my focus on the goodness of God (instead of shaking my fist) ... and being Thankful (I bet YOU wish I was thankful, too) ... and letting Him fill me with hope even as I suffer in my body (but wouldn't it be nice if my chemo experience wasn't so bad this time?) I try so hard to take care of my body ... and then WHAM! they go and just about kill my immune system every time!!!!!! Ahhhhhh!

I want to be good little girl-soldier for Christ. I don't want to waste my sufferings. I want to grow!!!!! I want to rest in Him. Worship Him. Well, I think that just about covers it. Let's see what the future holds. He cares for YOU ... and He cares for me. And hope is always appropriate. :)

COURAGE is
... endurance for one moment more

I'm very courageous! Are you?

3 comments:

  1. Diane,

    Thank you for your update and please know that we will be praying for you. Also, perhaps without knowing it, you are quite the encouragement for other people (like me) who are not facing such tough challenges as yourself. Your words "focus on the goodness of God (instead of shaking my fist)..." are quite resonating with me this morning as I know I need to do that right now in my life. Remember that God did not intend for our bodies to suffer the ravages of illness, but He is always there to take us through.

    God bless,

    Ham

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diane - thanks for the update. If you have faith as a mustard seed and speak to the mountain it will be cast into the sea. We will be praying for you as you travel to Zion for this treatment. May God use the treatment to glorify His power. We will pray that your body will be protected in an uncanny way. May your only fear be the fear of God. You are not just a good little girl soldier you are a warrior chosen by the King. May your acupuncture session with Irina result in energy and strength for your body to fight. Yes you are courageous and your words speak of your courage. May the hand of God cover you on this trip and find you free at last. God bless !!
    Bob & Bobbie Roby Fort Worth Texas

    ReplyDelete