Tuesday, December 30, 2008

i'm feeling a little goofy and narcissistic having a blog so that you can all know about me, and my every move. i suppose you don't have to come here if you don't want to. it still feels weird.

so ... have i even told you that i am on an emotional roller coaster? yup. before leaving for the cleveland airport my surgeon called and gave me more upsetting news. so i cried on the plane and held myself back so that i could really let it loose once we were in our hotel room in chicago. the driver at o'hare picked us up at baggage claim and asked how i was doing, and i cried.
"how am i doing??? how am i supposed to be doing???? this is horrible!!!! "(i thought)
cancer treatment ctrs of america (ctca) told us that a limo would take us to our hotel. well, it WAS a limo! a white stretch limo with a wet bar (ginger ale, of course) and cool lights and complimentary snacks. we were overwhelmed, and realized that ctca realizes that their patients have been under a heavy load ... overwhelmed ... unsure... stressed ... and scared. and this is their way of reaching out to us. this limo service was just the beginning of ctca showing us every kindness you could ever imagine. we spent the day meeting with nurses, my oncologist and having some tests performed. we were surrounded by warmth, smiles, friendliness, integrity and assurance. we felt validated and understood and respected. ctca has covered all it's bases in making me (and all patients) feel important. we are so confident that it was nothing less than God's kindness that brought us here. we are amazed. if we have to go thru this ... than this is the place to be. cancer experts ... who are willing to work with naturopaths and alternative therapies to help build up the body as the chemo tears it down. oh ... bill signed me up for a free massage on friday. maybe on saturday i'll get a manicure. are you getting the picture of how they are going out of the way to comfort and encourage? cancer is bad news ... but being treated in these extra special ways is so helpful.

i will meet with the oncologist tomorrow after a mammogram and mri. then a group meeting to discuss all possible therapies. i've spoken with 'lupe' the woman in charge of the cafeteria ... and she will cater to my annoying diet. and with a smile, i might add! all our meals are free. these people have taken my wounded heart and have put a salve on it.

medically: we will know more tomorrow after an mri and mammogram.

spiritually: i have always lacked in gratitude and thankfulness. all bill and i have done today is thank God for His grace and mercy in bringing us here. God works in mysterious ways. i am seriously blest. He is just lovin' on me and bill.

random tidbit: our hotel 'candelwood suites' is actually in kenosha, wisconsin ... 25 min for our shuttle driver to take us to 'ctca' which is actually in zion, illinois (one hour north of chicago).

P.S. i never did have to have that huge 'scheduled' cry .... i ended up breaking it up into tiny little 'one-tear' episodes.

WANNA PRAY? That God would direct Dr. Cintrin (oncologist) as he suggests a plan of action. Protect me, Lord!!!!!! You know my fears!!

in case you didn't know: bill is a great man and a wonderful comfort.


thank you for reading this blog !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


love,

diane

14 comments:

  1. This verse came to mind as I prayed for you today...
    Matthew 26:39
    Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, "My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious One, we are so grateful to you for doing this blog. I hope that the days you don't feel like "talking" to us, that Bill will fill in for you. There must be hundreds of us that would be at your side to go through this with you -- but for now this is as close as we can be. It gives us a place where our tears can mingle with yours before the Lord. Remember: You never really know Who He is -- until He's all you have. The peace of Christ to you, Diane. Cher

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI GUYS...I DID SEND YOU A MSG AT YOUR HOME EMAL ADDRESS, BUT YOU CAN'T GET IT FROM THERE...ANYWAY, EDDIE MELISSA AND I ARE PRAYING FOR HEALING FOR YOU, GRACE AND WISDOM FROM THE ALL-KNOWING ONE, AND THAT YOU ARE FEELING HIS EVERLASTING LOVING ARMS AROUND YOU. I CAN ONLY IMAGINE WHAT YOU MUST BE FEELING..SOUNDS LIKE THE PLACE YOUR AT IS VERY KIND AND CARING. LET US KNOW YOUR RESULTS FROM THE MAM AND MRI...WE WILL BE PRAYING FOR THE DOCTOR ALSO. WE LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi there...
    SO GLAD you're posting a blog. WHAT AN AMAZING PLACE God has led you to...I am so happy that there is a place that has no hidden agenda...but truely wants to see people healed and taken care of...
    I will continue to pray for you and will keep updated with your requests. We're going to be starting home group back up on friday...so know that you will be prayed for........
    love
    danie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Diane...Well, I typed a blog a moment ago and thought I posted it, but I did something wrong because it just disappeared.
    Both John and I just read your blog, it's a little past midnight on Jan. 31...You and Bill have been on our minds throughout the day. We pray that your hearts and minds will be continually renewed by the Holy Spirit. We're glad to know that we can specifically pray for Dr. Cintrin...that the Lord will give him wisdom for directing your course of treatment. May the presence of Jesus be evident to you both each day.

    We look forward to seeing Andrew on Friday. Looks like we'll have a small crowd.

    May heaven open wide and pour out rich blessings on you, Bill and Andrew. ~ Love, Mary Ann & John

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karen V. is my cousin and you have talked with my brother too I think. We are cheering and praying for you. You are a strong woman and you are at the right place. We pray God will give them the wisdom they need for your complete healing! I like your blog and will be keeping up with your progress:0 Thank you

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Diane, I know this is a difficult time for you, but you are not alone. God is your shepherd, leading you into green pastures, calming you beside still waters. God has also blessed you with the comfort, love and prayers of so many friends. I am blessed to be one of those people, just know I am praying for you every single day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love each of you for writing to me. i'm serious. it fills my hurting heart ...bless all you bloggers! and happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Diane,
    I am glad you are doing this blog ! I'm so encouraged by the testimony of His "lovin on you"- the massage, the manicure, the limo- and all the medical trimmings as well of course ! -yet it's just so sweet how our Father knows his little girls and the frilly things we love ! What a daddy ! (Abba !)

    Much love!
    Heidi
    PS My follower pic is of Johnny - in case you were like "who's that kid ?" Don't ask me how I did it - I just clicked something and his pic came up- so I used it ???? It almost looks like I knew what I was doing ! Hahaha !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your first blog, and my first time posting on a blog. Seems like you can teach these c-p 50-year-olds something new after all! :-)

    Thanks so much for creating the blog, and for posting the letter from your friend about our call to stand and kneel with you. Not only does God use your trials to expand our love and joy, but He also uses your needs to draw you and many others into closer relationship and dependence on Him. Praying for you and your family and the medical staff today, and praising God for His goodness and faithfulness.

    From Psa. 16: Keep me safe, O God, for in you I take refuge. I said to the LORD, "You are my Lord; apart from you I have no good thing." ... LORD, you have assigned me my portion and my cup; you have made my lot secure. The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance. I will praise the LORD, who counsels me; even at night my heart instructs me. I have set the LORD always before me. Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken. Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices, my body also will rest secured, because you will not abandon me to the grave, nor will you let your Holy One see decay. You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.

    Only By His Grace,
    Love, Deb

    P.S. My husband grew up in Racine, WI, just north of where you are in Kenosha. We had a great friend who lived in Kenosha, and I learned a couple of wonderful things about winter while visiting in Wisconsin. First, they really know how to deal with snow -- they'll have the roads cleaned up very quickly after even the most horrendous snow storm. And ... who knew that the sun actually shines during the winter?? Certainly not this Cleveland girl! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Diane & (Bill)
    Just wanted to drop a quick hello, and let you know that Don and I know what you're going through. As I have told you before, we are praying for you daily. Diane, you are on my mind all day and a prayer goes up to the Lord with each thought. What you are going through now brings back many memories. So look to the future as you go through your treatments and know that with the Lord by your side you will be blogging to someone else in five years as I am doing now. With the power of prayer from all your loved ones and the Lord's almighty hand will see you through this!

    Love,
    Terrie

    P.S. I think Andrew had a great time with Mike the other day playing. I could barely get them to take a break to eat their dinner. They'll have to get together more often.

    ReplyDelete
  12. thanks. i believe everything you said.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Diane & Bill,

    You are in my prayers I also have my brothers and sisters in Christ praying for you where we meet. May His Peace be all sufficient the rest of the time. I will be holding your hand in the spirit. It is tough going through testing! I can relate to that!

    May the Lord wrap HIS arms aroung you, Bill, and Andrew.

    And May the Lord keep Andrews heart soft through this. I wish I had a boy to buddy up with him, sorry I cannot help in that department. But,I am praying for him also.

    And cotton-pickin would not me the only words I would be using, I think mine would be a little worse. HA HA

    Miss You! My Prayer Sister!

    Hang In There! I know better said then done!


    Love In Christ,
    Marie Sattler

    ReplyDelete