Sunday, May 9, 2010

HAIR, ETC.

Tomorrow I'm getting my first real-live hair cut at a salon in over 1 1/2 years!  My hair is so curly!  I like it!

My bones ache from the Tamoxifen.  And I've gained a lovely 20 pounds.  I think it's Tamoxifen plus the instant menopause (caused by the chemo). 

My arm is still killing me (surgery and mostly radiation).

But I am cheerful ... hopeful ... energetic.  That is truly a gift. 

I am also sleeping fairly well.  Am no longer depressed.  And have basically have no need to take anxiety meds.  This is due to my awesome Naturopath at CTCA.  I'm on some natural supplements that have totally helped!

Life is leveling itself out.  I go to Chicago for my first follow-up appointment on May 24.  I know how one doctor appointment can change your life.  Hmmmmm.  All I know is that I have today.  And that's good enough.  I'm alot braver than I was before cancer came to visit me.  And I'm alot calmer.  Still crazy-hyper sometimes .... but alot calmer most of the time.

Jesus ... please continue to cultivate gratefulness in my heart and mind.  And please allow us to relax more and more every day.  Please give us great healthy bodies, so that we can serve You and enjoy you and the people around us.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment